A Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) enables telephone systems the best of both worlds, from voice communication to multimedia sessions over an Internet Protocol (IP) network. The internet telephony service captures voice, fax SMS and voice messaging applications that are transported through the internet.
An IP-based system is the technology behind the VoIP, or the transport that brings the communications under one roof and then sends them off into different directions either by voice or internet. Most enterprises these days have IP telephony to support complicated systems and reduce the costs.
Features of IP Based Telecoms
IP-based systems have more reliable Uptime and is also a very cost effective solution for a business. Below are some of the features of using an IP-based system:
- It allows for VoIP to be used
- The latest way of transmitting phones system services
- Calls can be routed over the internet
- An auto-attendant feature can be used when a customer calls
- Call queuing systems to control incoming calls and keep customers on the line in reasonable time schedules
- Web interface control panel
- Music on hold, it’s better than silence!
- Non-Geographic numbers so customers don’t know where you are calling from
Benefits of IP Based Telecoms
An IP-based system allows you to have phone lines without having to physically install the lines. You can have non-geographic numbers so that customers do not track your location, ultimately giving your company a more diverse base around the UK. The following listed below are the benefits of using an IP-based system:
- IP-based system can offer you a state of the art handset to use with your service
- They are completely future proof and updates are installed on a regular basis
- Businesses can easily expand with this system, allowing 9000 users on the same system
- Reduced rental costs and lower call charges
- Workers have a flexibility to work from anywhere in the UK using the non-geographic number on the phone system, allowing for easy relocation and no restrictions on incoming or outgoing calls.
- Improve functionality to your business